Membership in the AAHGS Willie Lee Gay H-Town Chapter, Inc. is open to the general public, especially those who share a mutual interest in family history and genealogical research in general and African-American family history & genealogy in particular.
January 1 through December 31 of each calendar year
Membership in the National Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society, Inc. (AAHGS) is required in order to join the Willie Lee Gay H-Town Chapter.
Member Benefits at the National Level includes:
- Access to AAHGS Member-Only website
- Subscription to the award-winning AAHGS Journal, a scholarly bi-annual publication
- Subscription to the award-winning AAHGS Journal, a scholarly bi-monthly electronic magazine and prime source for up-to-date information about Black genealogy issues
- Discounted registration for the National AAHGS Conference
- Opportunity to submit articles and announcements in the AAHGS News Magazine, AAHGS Journal, and AAHGS News and Blog
- Voting privileges during national elections
- Nominate members and volunteers for AAHGS National Awards
- Invitations to special national events, programs, and projects
Member Benefits at the Local H-Town Level includes:
- Access to AAHGS H-Town Chapter Members-Only website
- Attend planned field trips and activities with AAHGS Willie Lee Gay H-Town Chapter members
- Access to genealogy workshops and family history information
- Ability to network and collaborate directly with other researchers
- Voting privileges during chapter elections
- Work with the chapter on preservation and research projects
- Access to knowledgeable network of researchers
- Collaborate with local preservation organizations for programming
- Invitations to special events and programs by local organizations
Become a member of AAHGS National and Willie Lee Gay H-Town Chapter!
Download the AAHGS National & Willie Lee Gay H-Town Chapter application. Complete, print and mail application along with payment or bring form and payment to the next chapter meeting. Visit our Calendar for meeting dates and times.